Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December/January Creativity Contest

Now that we have successfully completed our first run at the Creativity Contest, we will be holding another. Yes, it's true! Get out your creative thinking caps and focus on the theme, "Winter Wonderland." The theme can center around what YOU think is a winter wonderland - whether it's Santa camped out in Hawaii or lights, trees, and tons of snow. It's totally up to you! Since the award will take place after Christmas, you might want to go for a more "wintery" theme instead of a "Christmas" or holiday theme. Still, the choice is yours.

Here are the entry guidelines.

1. You have until December 28, to tell me if you are planning on participating. How do you let me know? If you are a member of the YCSI guild, post in the forum. If you are a member of the Crafting for Animals guild, you can email me at the address included in El's email. Also, anyone from either of the guilds can comment here, leaving their first name and studio name, and I will add you to the list.

2.  You can begin your pieces at any time, but pictures are due in no later than January 24th.

3. Voting takes place January 25-31, 2010. The award is given Feb 1 and the new contest will begin.

I will be posting a form on here to enter the information and pictures for contest. If I can't post it on here, then I will send it to the participants by email. You willl need to have your picture hosted by Photobucket, Flikr, Picnik, etc. so that I can access it. If this is not possible for you, we will figure out an alternative method, but Photobucket will allow me to download and edit the pictures. Editing is ONLY done to add text to identify the photo and improve on any blurriness, lighting, etc. Nothing else is added or taken away.

Okay, that's the long and the short of it. If you have questions, comment on here or in the forum and I'll answer as soon as I can. Have a great time crafting and have fun!

No comments: