By blogging you are putting yourself out there for more to see. If nothing else, you can add links to your Artfire Studio which add to your google ranking.
Don't worry if you don't think you are a good writer of struggle a little bit. Everyone does sometimes especially in the beginning. You just need to get started. I'm not an expert but here are some good guidelines to follow for you blog.
1. Define your focus - Blogs can be about anything and all styles but they work best if they have a consistent voice. People want to read new things but they also want to know what to expect. If the craft blog I'm reading suddenly turned into personal journal, I probably would stop reading since that is not why I am reading.
2. Blog consistently This can vary and it doesn't hurt to blog more often at times, but in order to keep readers, they have to know they can expect regular posts.
3. Engage your readers Your blog has to be about more what you sell. It has to have something more to keep reader's attention. It can be by talking about your craft, on-going projects, show casing others work. You need to find a way to frame your material so it means something to others.
4. Include pictures They grab attention and draw people in.
5. Include links When you showcase your work or others, provide links to the items. In fact, if you are referencing anything, it really helps to link back to it. Use anchoring text instead of just the url- search engines will use that text to index it. On the flip side, if you are commenting on something, don't just include the link- explain what it is about as well.
6. Don't overlook the design Not everyone is a graphic design expert- I know I am not- but there are some features that even a beginner can do. Some simple things to keep in mind
1 Make the blog easy to read visually- very small font, long paragraphs and even narrow text field all are hard on the eyes. Light on dark looks cool but is hard to read.
2 Personalize your blog beyond adding widgets- with Blogger it is now possible to redesign your blog without knowing any code.
7. Make it easy for reader It should be simple to comment; obvious how to subscribe and follow your blog. Add widgets for all, don't require registration or joining to comment- a good number of people will just leave.
8 Grammar and Spelling Lest I forget, spelling counts. Poor spelling just looks unprofessional.
I'm going to stop here. I could go on and on. These are just some simple guidelines to get you started. I'm sure I'll have more to say in the future.
And remember Christmas is coming, so for all your unique handmade gifts - check out Artfire this year!